How Can You Help
Our youth center is run largely through help from volunteers and donations. Your gifts can help a child, whether you can share your skills or hobbies to teach them a trade, or you have time to help with daily tasks at the center.
- Registration Desk – Answering phones, welcoming guests and helping with registration.
- Meal and Snack Time – Serve and clean up after meals while teaching kids to do these tasks.
- Computer Room – Log on, find educational games and monitor activities.
- Homework – Help kids with schoolwork on the computer, textbooks and worksheets
- Floater – Help with crafts, monitor movie time and other tasks as needed
The safe, positive and caring interactions of volunteers with our youth is THE MOST important part of fulfilling our mission.
Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday, year-round, to handle:
- Registration and data entry
- Computer & video game monitor
- Food service
- Homework help
- Special events
- Other duties as assigned
Volunteers must be:
- Pass a background check
- Complete our volunteer training
Volunteer job descriptions are below.
|Registration & Data Entry||Computer & Video Game Monitor|
|Distribute appropriate forms.||Monitor usage.|
|Receive and input forms and information.||Assure that youth are accessing only appropriate websites and information.|
|Help serve after-school snacks.||Monitor playground and outside activities.|
|Help with after-school cleanup.||Play games and do activities with children.|
|Help serve dinner.||Help with homework.|
|Help clean up after dinner.|
Questions about any of our volunteer opportunities? Please call us at 319-365-1662.
Complete the online volunteer application below:
(Note: a copy of the form will be sent to you and the director by email)